2 min read
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Cookies
Jumbo-sized chocolate peanut butter cookies that are high in protein, vegan and delicious.
Prep Time: 15 minutes + 60 minutes freezing + 15 minutes chilling
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
INGREDIENTS – MAKES 5 CHUNKY COOKIES
- 5 tsp Smooth peanut butter
- 90g Dairy free butter
- 100g Light muscovado sugar
- 3 tbsp Unsweetened dairy free milk
- 90g Self-raising flour
- 30g Raw cacao powder
- 30g Rich Chocolate Clean Lean Protein
- 30g Unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- Dairy free white chocolate chunks to top the cookies
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment and spoon 5 individual teaspoons of peanut butter onto a tray. Pop in the freezer for an hour to harden.
- Preheat an oven at 180o
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light in colour.
- Add the milk and whisk until combined.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together in a bowl (excluding the white chocolate) and once combined add to the wet mixture and mix until you form a cookie dough.
- Place the cookie dough in the fridge for 15 minutes to harden.
- Split the cookie dough into 5 equal pieces - it should be firm, but not too crumbly and not too wet.
- Using damp hands roll each piece of cookie dough into a ball then flatten with the palm of your hand. Place a teaspoon of the frozen peanut butter in the centre. Wrap the cookie dough around it so it is encased in the mix. Continue to do with the 4 remaining pieces.
- Place the cookie dough well-spaced out on baking trays and bake for 12 minutes in a preheated oven at 180o Take the cookies out whilst they are still a little soft as they will harden as they cool.
- Press the white chocolate chunks into the dough whilst the cookies are still warm and ENJOY!