1 min read
Plant-Based Protein Burger
A delicious plant-based twist on a classic burger!
- Add a splash of extra virgin olive oil to a large pan and heat the mushrooms and thyme on medium heat, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Fry the mushrooms until their liquid has evaporated and they are slightly browned and then turn the pan off and transfer the mushrooms to a bowl to cool.
- Drain the cannellini beans and blitz them in a food processor with the dates, garlic, parsley, tahini and tamari, pulsing until the mixture is relatively smooth.
- Transfer the bean mix to a large mixing bowl and add the rice, protein, lemon zest and mushrooms. Mix until combined.
- Cover the mixture and leave to settle in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 230C and prepare to get messy!
- Using your hands, divide the mixture into 6 portions and shape into your burger patties. Place the patties onto a lined baking tray and bake for 15 minutes until brown. If you like cheese, place a slice of vegan cheese on top of the patty for the last 5 minutes of baking.
- Cut the buns in half and toast them lightly whilst preparing your burger toppings.
- Smear ketchup on both sides of the bun and fill with all ingredients.