1 min read
Mixed Berry Protein Pavlova
A pavlova that's almost too good looking!! Packed with protein and high-antioxidant berries... A summer delight.
Ready in 20 mins prep plus 1 hour bake time
- Line a baking sheet with baking parchment and draw a large circle in pencil round a bowl or dinner plate approximately 25cm. Turn the paper over.
Whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks. Add the sugar, 1 tbsp at a time, whisking between each addition until the mixture is smooth, thick and glossy.
- Whisk in the vinegar and cornflour.
Spoon the meringue onto the parchment inside the circle until it is evenly filled.
- Make a small well in the centre with the back of a spoon and bring up the sides a little. Put the pavlova in the oven and bake for 1 hour. Turn the oven off, leave the door ajar and let the meringue cool completely.
- Make the filling, by mixing together the greek yogurt, creme fraiche and protein powder, mix until fully combined.
- Once the meringue is cool, place onto a serving board. Top with creamy filling, followed by the mixed berries and add an optional drizzle of maple syrup.