- Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan forced).
- Sieve flour, protein and baking powder into a bowl. Rub butter into sifted ingredients until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add coconut sugar and milk and combine until mixture is soft but not sticky (mixing with hands is best but a spatula will also work).
- Turn dough out on a lightly floured board and knead into shape until just smooth. Try not to overwork the mixture or the scones could become tough. Flatten dough out to about 4 cm and use a round cutter to cut scones starting from the centre and working your way out. Cut slightly higher rounds from left over dough.
- Place rounds on a lined oven tray with sides just touching. Brush tops with a little milk before placing them in the oven for 12-15 mins or until golden.
Serve with jam and cream or ricotta.