- 2 serves Clean Lean Protein Functional Flavours Vanilla Matcha
- 1 tbsp (20 ml) flax meal
- 2 mashed bananas
- 125 ml (½ cup) cashew butter
- 1 tbsp( 20 ml) maple syrup
- 60 - 65 ml (¼ cup) almond milk
- 1 tbsp (20 ml) buckwheat flour
- 1 tbsp (20 ml) tapioca flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 2 tsp (10 ml) matcha powder
- 400 g tin of coconut cream
- 1 tsp (5 ml) maple syrup
- 1 tsp (5 ml) tapioca flour
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a muffin tray with liners or grease with coconut oil.
- In a small bowl combine flax meal and water and set aside.
- In a food processor, place bananas, cashew butter, maple syrup and almond milk and process to combine.
- Add flax meal, protein powder, buckwheat, tapioca, baking soda and extra matcha powder if using. Pulse to combine again.
- Remove blade and transfer mixture into the muffins tins.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until tops are golden and bounce back when lightly pressed.
- To make icing, open tin of coconut cream and scoop out the firm cream (leaving the liquid to use in smoothies) into a bowl.
- Add maple syrup and tapioca flour and then whip with an electric beater until whipped cream consistency (will take 3-4 minutes).
- Once the muffins have completely cooled, ice with the coconut cream icing.
Enjoy straight away, or store for 2 days in the fridge (to keep the icing from melting!).